The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few photos of a recent project I completed. I took a stock Excalibur Bulldog 400, tore it down, and rebuilt it using aftermarket components.

The bow was stripped and completely hyrodipped in carbon fiber, green snake skin, and gray diamond plate. Triggertech trigger installed. HHA Optimizer with a Vortex Crossfire 3X9 scope. Titanium fasteners. Dr Stirrup string stops. 60X custom string.

She shoots about 374 fps with a 410 grain arrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Very cool looking.. but with all those mods do you think you voided your warranty?

I often though of upgrading my string and cables on my Parker with 60X company, but if my limb broke while strung with 60X would they honor the warranty.

but still the same cool looking mods.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool looking.. but with all those mods do you think you voided your warranty?

Yep. Warranty is officially voided but often times manufacturers will still work with you to rectify any issues that were clearly a manufacturing defect. Sometimes, they will even cover some things that is not their fault.

Know a guy that blew his bow up by shooting it too close to a tree. The limb hit the tree. The manufacturer covered everything even though the damage was clearly the result of the consumer. Another guy lost his quiver. Manufacturer sent him a new factory quiver free of charge.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looks great, have the same bow. Love it. Shot two deer with it this year using the Excalibur Boltcutters 150 grain. Shoot just like the field points. Got both deer but they ran quite a ways. What heads do you use?

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What heads do you use?
Have been mostly using 2 and 3 blade Swhackers over the past few years which have worked well for me. I did not get the opportunity to kill a deer with the Excalibur this past fall though. Killed this years buck with a Horton Vortec and 2 bladed Swhacker. He died within sight.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Have been mostly using 2 and 3 blade Swhackers over the past few years which have worked well for me. I did not get the opportunity to kill a deer with the Excalibur this past fall though. Killed this years buck with a Horton Vortec and 2 bladed Swhacker. He died within sight.
Did you see that Swhacker now has a 150 grain head with a 3" cut. Going to try them next season.Swhacker Crossbow Broadhead - 150 gr. 3 in. 3 pk. - eders.com

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts