The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent the better part of an hour trying to find .45 Colt Leverevolution ammo. I frst tried Cabelas, then Bass Pro, Midway shooters supplies, Sportsmans Guide and many many others that I googled, around 12 to 13 vendors. I finally called Hornady who only sells wholesale who told me they had none in stock but gave me the names and numbers of two places, one in Iowa and one in MS. I bought the last two boxes the place in MS had in stock. This is getting ridiculous with the ammo shortage.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
i've had back order at cabela's since summer. e mailed horn. said the only way to get them was with back order at retailer. 222 220. i used to reload and gave everything to nephew's. sometimes i go to buddies and load if i can get pdw. bts. prm. it's bad all around...later

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe that is all the stores can get.

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Haven't been able to find quality and reasonably priced .30 carbine food for a loooonnggg time. It disapeared just after I bought my M1 Carb on GunBroker.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Did you check Gander Mt? That where I got my 44 mag from,they had 45-70.They have free shipping.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The new Cabelas spring catalog has them Jimsdad, they are FMJs Herters brand.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
I've gotten most of my 30 Carbine ammo in the past year, at the Harrisburg Bass Pro. Remington UMC 110gr FMJ, around $24 per 50 the last time I got any in the fall.

·
Registered
893 Posts
jimsdad said:
Haven't been able to find quality and reasonably priced .30 carbine food for a loooonnggg time. It disapeared just after I bought my M1 Carb on GunBroker.
My 500rds never sold. Still got it if interested. 200 ftf or you pay to ship. Blair county.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I expect delievery tomorrow. I tried Natchez and they are back ordered as is every place I tried except Grafs in MO and I got their last two boxes. I called Hornady and tey gave me the nmber of the place. Hornady didn't even have any in stock.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Ever consider rollin' your own? The 325gr bullets run about $29 per 50.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really don't shoot enough to make loading worth while, till I buy a press and dies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts