The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the PTA make financial contributions to the nta? Do any districts specifically send money to NTA?

·
Administrator
14,532 Posts
Why would you be afraid?

The info would be in the minutes of the meetings its approved at.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
casey said:
Why would you be afraid?

The info would be in the minutes of the meetings its approved at.
If you don't realize by now, you probably never will understand or would ignore the truth anyway.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
BlueCoons said:
Thats what i was scared of. In what way? Anywhere to access that information?
Don't be scared no more, it will be OK!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I don't feel like making a huge stir but here's the facts. Not opinion, fact. Nta, by their own admission spend less than 1 percent of their budget on promoting and defending trapping. That's less than one penny of every dollar that you give them that is actually preserving our right to trap. So, IMO Pta giving money to an organization like that is unacceptable. If anyone actually cares about trapping, FTA and ussa are the way to go.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eagerbeaver said:
Why are you bringing up the same stuff that u were in discussion about back in Feb. U knew all the answers back then.
A better question is : why isn't anyone else talking about it. Go ahead and ignore the most serious threats we face as trappers, you'll regret it someday, if it isn't already too late.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I suggest we keep this debate on track. Ie, no personal attacks...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
BlueCoons said:
eagerbeaver said:
Why are you bringing up the same stuff that u were in discussion about back in Feb. U knew all the answers back then.
A better question is : why isn't anyone else talking about it. Go ahead and ignore the most serious threats we face as trappers, you'll regret it someday, if it isn't already too late.
Rather than complaining about this on a online discussion forum, why not take these facts to your PTA district or state officers?

If the NTA is the worthless organization you are making them out to be, it would be far better for trappers and trapping to fix it instead of complain about it here.

So far, the "facts" you have provide don't say a whole lot about much. If you are truly concerned about trapping and the damage the NTA is doing to the image of trapping and trappers, don't allude to these facts and expect everyone to share your opinion. Explicitly state the facts and provide some citations. Otherwise I see this as nothing more than a rant when it really could be important.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Wiz said:
Rather than complaining about this on a online discussion forum, why not take these facts to your PTA district or state officers?

If the NTA is the worthless organization you are making them out to be, it would be far better for trappers and trapping to fix it instead of complain about it here.
Not taking sides, but what better place to put the information out there for others to do their own investigating than on an open forum where members from all over the state can see it?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I do believe the PA state asso did with hold all funds from the NTA for quite some time.Not sure about individual districts.I do believe that the state has resumed funding.
I myself let my nta membership lapse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts