The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had my heart set on a Remington 700 mountain lss or a Winnie model 70 extreme weather...then I picked up an Encore and felt how balanced it was in my hands. I wasn't really planning on buying, but after a few moments of glancing through the TC catalog I picked out a stainless 7mm-08 with a black stock! Should be here in a week or so...can't wait to get it out on the range! Still deciding on a scope for it, though. Definitely sticking with Leupold, just not sure if I want to go matte black or silver, 2.5-8 or 3-9, V-XII or V-XIII???? So many decisions! LOL

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to madness!!!

Years ago a bad dealing with a 700 Sendaro sent me down the path of the Encore and I have not looked back.

I'd go with a 3-9x40 V-XII, save a few bucks so you can buy another barrel for it!!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Brian
You are now in big trouble!!! One is never enough!!!
Don't say I did not warn you!!!

Dave

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,

I might be in touch for a few more tidbits!

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
NanookOdaNorth said:
I thought I had my heart set on a Remington 700 mountain lss or a Winnie model 70 extreme weather...then I picked up an Encore and felt how balanced it was in my hands. I wasn't really planning on buying, but after a few moments of glancing through the TC catalog I picked out a stainless 7mm-08 with a black stock! Should be here in a week or so...can't wait to get it out on the range! Still deciding on a scope for it, though. Definitely sticking with Leupold, just not sure if I want to go matte black or silver, 2.5-8 or 3-9, V-XII or V-XIII???? So many decisions! LOL
Good luck getting your TC in a week or so. I have been waiting on a G2 pistol frame for 2 MONTHS.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I ordered a custom Encore frame(catalog)last week and they called me Tuesday to tell me it is in!!! Took less than 10 days from order to the shop receiving it.
I hope to pick it up Friday!!!

Dave

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the call last night! Picking it up Monday AM!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
woohoo nice I'm waiting for mine to come in as well, are you aware of the rebates that TC has going on?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Congrats on your new encore! I can't speak for how good the SS looks with a silver scope on it but I can tell you I have three bbl's for my SS (black synthetic stock) and they all have silver bases and black matte scopes and they look great.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah looks like I will not be picking mine up until Monday since the snow isn't stopping!!!

I don't think the rebates apply to me being I bought a custom frame and will be getting a custom barrel!!

Dave

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, she's a beauty! I can't wait to top her off with a scope and do a little shooting! Just wish some of this snow would melt away so I can get to the range without killing myself!!!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Good luck with the new Encore-You will love it!!!
I picked up my frame today----It is nice and just as I expected. I also ordered my barrel from the custom shop--It should take 10-12 weeks they said. That is time enough to save for a scope!!
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts