The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after about 2 weeks of having this set out (my dad has a trail cam at his house and caught a fox checking out the salt lick, so I came over and made a couple sets) FINALLY connected! Rough weekend and I was dragging this AM. The sets are kind of hidden behind a pine tree in his yard, he lives in a development and I wanted to be sure the neighbors wouldn't see. So I usually walk to about the middle of the yard to peek, and normally nothing, well today I thought I saw ears! Got a little closer and sure enough I had one bouncing and fighting the trap when he saw me! Quick ran back for my wompin stick and here she is! First one ever, I'm so freaking pumped!

Beautiful red, (and yes he does have a tail lol) Very nice and thick, not a hint of mange.

I'm depating whether I want to get him tanned or mounted (I have a sports shot and the only fox I have is so old its yellow now not red!) What do yall think?

Thanks to lugnut for helping me out, as well as everyone else here. Ive learned a TON from this site and after today, I'm a lifer!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congrats!!! Great job!!

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh no......now you've gone and done it. Too late to turn back now. You're addicted like the rest of us.

CONGRATS....pretty red and a great photo.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts