The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
I know this sounds weird, and I'm far from a computer expert, but I have noticed some times when I attempt to drag photos out of one side of the file window they won't go, but if I try to drag them out from another side they will. Try dragging out all four sides of the file window, a couple of times each side, before giving up. I don't know if you attempted to do this, but it may help the next time you try to post photos. It works for me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks simoncool will try it. evidently I need to hold my iphone a certain way to get the pictures orientated correctly. something to do with the fact that my computer cannot read the same information as my phone even though they appear correct in my file after i got them transferred to the computer. its a struggle but will get it figured out and will get some pictures of the progress in the fields

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
That is a sweet rig. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I'm anxious to see how the plot turns out.

As for the pictures from the iPhone....I have found that if I open the image in a photo editor, orient it properly, and then do a Save As... function to save the file (can use the same file name and all, just overwrite the existing file), it seems to come out right side up on HPA when I post. Not sure why it works, but it has for me thus far.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks cspot, Will try that OAWC with the next batch of pictures of the plots. growing good and got about 5-6 hrs of rain on sunday. Set a few exclusion cages on the fields before i left on Saturday. So far very fortunate with the rain because no matter how well we prep and plant without rain and sun we will fail

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some new pictures of the plots( hopefully right side up) forage soybeans and buckwheat in a existing plot (8yrs old) and a fallow field that was a plot 8 yrs ago and I left it fallow for the last 6yrs

Attachments

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Looks good to me. In the middle picture on the lower half did you get spotty germination or is just some of it taller than others. Hard to tell in the pic.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the fallow field cspot that I just sprayed and drilled. It was pretty uneven top to bottom so i had some skips with the drive wheel not contacting the ground in places. Germination was good where it dropped seed. I haven't amended the soil other than a few tons of ag lime last year that was left over from my active plots. I want to see what it will do with a few years of buckwheat soybean and sunflower combo for summer followed by rye/wheat in the fall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts