The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my buck this year last week on Tuesday 4;45 pm. it was the last day I could hunt due to other commitments. Got home from work at 3;15,in the stand by 3;45 and 4;30 a bunch of does come by. A few minutes later they scatter and buck came by. He finally co-operated for a double lung-liver shot at 20y. He had been hanging with a big 7 pt. and I was hoping to see him but nowhere in sight. I couldn't believe I was able to get set up for the shot with about 7 does hanging around. Wind was blowing right at them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres a pic of my buck with the big 7pt I was hoping to get. If he survives till next season I got my work cut out for me. I had several opportunities to draw on him but for one reason or another he lived another day. My buck still had his G2 at the end of October and in trail cam pic in middle of November it was broke off.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Top pic shows the 7pt better, he has a nice hook on his brow. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the buck I shot. I target does in this suburban area. Bucks are seldom seen except during the rut. I think I will put the top pic on my desktop for motivation

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts