The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and me just bought 39 acres of land in Ashtabula County. We've been searching for years for a place in Ohio but just never found the right place. This land is only about 2.5 miles from Pymatuning which we love to fish and the land looks pretty promising for hunting.

The back of this land touches a 50-80 acre swamp and the sides are bordered by clearcuts which are both in heavy vegetation. Couldn't ask for a better setup if we tried.

Pretty nice place back about 1400 ft off the road. Even the women are excited about going out(not sure if that's good or bad). We were looking for more of a humble camp and the price tag was quite a bit higher than what we wanted to spend but these kind of places don't come up often so we bit the bullet. We didn't want to keep waiting until we were old men who just "talked" about getting a place and then regretted never buying one.

2 pretty nice ponds on the property as well. Couldn't be any more excited.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My brother and me are notoriously cheap but when we saw this place, we didn't mess around. I saw this listing hit the market late on a Saturday evening and we were the first ones to see it the following day. We knew we couldn't mess around and made a close to full price offer on the spot and it was accepted. Within 20 minutes multiple people showed up to see it. I knew that was going to happen with this place and if we didn't move quick we woul have been left dreaming about getting an Ohio hunting property.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts