The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a lot of these replys,it dawned on me i didn't have a name for my flintlock rifle.I noticed a lot of guys have used ladies names and thats kool,but i guess i march to a different beat of a drum.Searching around on the net i could have used female names,dog names,even places i've been around the world.After kickin around the idea i deceided on a stong German name since that is what my ancestry is.So from this day forward i proclaim my orphaned 50 caliber Schimmel,to all in cyber space,that he be named,"ARMINIUS"(HERMAN).He was chief of the Cherusci Teutonic tribe and was the leader of the battle of Teutoberger Wald,which was seen as the turning point of Romes broken power over Germania.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Davy Crocket had both "Tick Licker" and "Betsy"

(Yep Tick licker was Boones rifle. 44 cal and 5 ft long.

In one of the Disney episodes, Crockett takes part in a rifle match and refers to his gun by name. However, this was before he ran for congress and recieved Old Betsy from the city of Philadelphia. What was the name of his earlier rifle? I know maybe it was just fiction.)

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I named mine with my wifes middle name---seems to help get me an extra day hunting when I say---Honey Im taking Elisabeth for a walk!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts