The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well of course a big boy waits to show up until the second to last day of the season. I checked this trail camera at 3:30 pm on saturday and decided to go pheasant hunting instead of sitting in a stand 15 yards from the camera and when i checked the cam again today i couldnt believe what showed up saturday during shooting light.

I have my idea on what he scores but was wondering on a few other opinions. Didnt get any head on shots but you can tell his brows are a good 5 or 6 inches and he has a split g2 on his right. Also looks like he has a lame front left leg and is hunched up but he was trailing a doe so who knows how far out of his home range he was on saturday

·
Registered
835 Posts
130-135" Nice buck.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the responses. Id like to see some measurement guesses from some people saying scores in the 120s to see how your getting that.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I missed a few days during prime time.. water heater went out and then baby got sick but why on earth would a bowhunter go pheasant hunting on November 10 ?

Did you get any pheasants ?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got my buck October 26th so I would of just been doe hunting and basically scouting for my girlfriend but she couldnt hunt that night and it was warmer than id like so i went to the game lands for pheasants and to scout some there. But I wish i was on stand just to see him in person and film him to get some better shots of him

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
hunt4life23 said:
Thanks for the responses. Id like to see some measurement guesses from some people saying scores in the 120s to see how your getting that.
I would too.

That deer is no less than the low or mid 130's .

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
hunt4life23 said:
I got my buck October 26th so I would of just been doe hunting and basically scouting for my girlfriend but she couldnt hunt that night and it was warmer than id like so i went to the game lands for pheasants and to scout some there. But I wish i was on stand just to see him in person and film him to get some better shots of him

1 - 20 of 28 Posts