The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next to last day of rifle season I found a hunting license in a parking lot, and it had all of its tags still. Fortunately the person had a business card from a guy that granted this hunter permission to hunt on his land. I was able to contact the guy on the card and from there got in contact with the hunter and returned his license within the hour.

If it wasn't for that card I would have had to mail it to him and who knows he may have already replaced it or gave up looking and didn't hunt cuz he didn't wanna replace it.

I put a piece of paper in my license holder with my name and cell and home number. With the laws of it not having to be on your back you never know when it could get misplaced.

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Absolutely, a sportsman like effort on your part....Someday, that effort will be returned...</span>

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I found one up by OP location few years ago. Used the old phone book and found him. Numerous doe and DMAPS left. Knew I would be crushed if it were me.

Turns out he and my dad passed eachother by for years on the same mountain road. Never stopped to chat or say hello. Now they chat and compare notes from their scoutings and hunts.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
This here thing you use to connect to HuntingPA Website, it works also to Find the Phone Number of the person who's license were lost!

You do not have to put your name on it, Your name is Already listed on your license!

Last year the first day of Bear season, I went to a SGL on route 443 around noon, stepped out of my Buddy's truck and looked down and there was a license on the ground, picked it up and it was a guy from Loysville PA.

When I got home that night, I plugged his name into Google, had a phone number in a ZAP!

When I called him, he was Shocked that he had lost his License! He was out west Hunting Mule Deer when I called him and had lost his license a week earlier before heading west to hunt Mule Deer and never knew he had lost them, thought they were still on his Vest hanging at home.

Day after Thanksgiving, he showed up at my house to pick his license up.

Google works wonders if you use it!

Some people have their cell numbers listed, some don't!

If some guys would not be so Scared of Big Foot Pick Pocketing them while their hunting and put their license in their Wallets, they would Always have them with them and not be loosing them!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You can also go to switchboard.com and reverse the address on the license for a phone number, just like reverse 911.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts