The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be right up front...i don't trust Obama. I feel He is using tragic events like Sandy hook as a crutch. As a smokescreen. I personally feel that his real intent is to weaken and eventually disarm the American citizen. I would also like to say right up front. I hope i'm wrong. I'll repeat that lest someone misunderstands..I HOPE I"M WRONG!
I believe gun owners need to fight Obama with his own weapons...Fight fire with fire. Obama is riding on the theme of violence. saying he is concerned with public saftey. I say rather than scream and yell about losing our guns. Let's take a more subtle approach. Let us begin to scream and yell and protest against violence...Let us begin to take swift action against it...Shut it down...silence violence and do all we can to squash it out.
Not by giving up our guns...but a united effort against violence.
I believe this would accomplish two things... 1st.It would take away Any reason Obama has for taking guns from responsible citizens. After all we would be waging an all out war against violence.
2nd...It would reveal without a doubt his real intentions.

I say when we march and protest..We protest against violence..pull the rug of violence out from under Obama take away his crutch...see if that smile and concern for public saftey...is nothing more than a mask....As i said i hope i'm wrong....but my gut tells me i'm not.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I don't trust Obama either but honestly I don't think he even really cares about gun control. He really didn't in his 1st term. I think he is just using it as a diversion on the economy, the debt ceiling, fiscal cliff 2 and others. I don't think he cares if they don't pass anything on guns but do pass the spending he wants on other issues. Be watchfully on the guns but be real watchfully on the economic issue that are not being heavily covered by the media that is focused on guns right now.

·
Super Moderator
12,812 Posts
DDX said:
I don't trust Obama either but honestly I don't think he even really cares about gun control. He really didn't in his 1st term. I think he is just using it as a diversion on the economy, the debt ceiling, fiscal cliff 2 and others. I don't think he cares if they don't pass anything on guns but do pass the spending he wants on other issues. Be watchfully on the guns but be real watchfully on the economic issue that are not being heavily covered by the media that is focused on guns right now.
If you don't think Obama doesn't want to take your guns just look into his history. Just one quick synopsis:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/1...eally-supports/

or just goggle Obama gun history or policy.

He laid low on gun control during his first term because he thought it could cost him the election; however, he was strong anti gun plans for his 2 term.

I certain hope we stand together and do not allow him to continue his history....or Hunting PA could become Fishing PA.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Who do you trust???

Any elected official has an agenda and priorty #1 is to back those who put them into office and that's not you and me if you know what I am saying.

For those who don't know who that is. It's simple. Those who wrote the checks that went into the campaign fund.

We the voters are just a proxy to get them into office.

How many of you went to the polls to vote for the person you didn't want to see get in versus the person who you truely wanted to see get elected.

·
Registered
960 Posts
hunter4095 said:
Like giving 11 million illegals a free pass this week.

That's 11 million votes in 2016.
This is exactly my point, this was slipped in under the radar while the gun debate raged. Same with the economic stuff thats brewing in the next 3 weeks.

Don't get me wrong, not saying he isn't anti-gun. Just that I don't think its his #1 priority, but its a great smoke screen for his other programs. I just think he thinks, if we get gun control great, but I would would rather lose this issue and win 5 others under the radar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts