The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a set of Fiberoptic sights immediately after this past years late season and havnt sighted the gun in yet.

If i move the rear sight to the right, does my point of impact move to the right as well?? or is it the opposite and move left?? for some reason i think its the opposite but ive been told it isnt.

And if i move it forward does the point of impact move up? or down?

ive been getting contradicting answers from family so i thought i would ask the experts!

·
Registered
492 Posts
on a rear sight if you move it right your point of impact moves right and if you move it left you point of impact moves left.

the up and down would depend on the sight but if it moves up the point of impact moves up and if you drop it down the point of impact moves down.

pretty much if you move a rear sight in any direction the point of impact also moves in that direction.

It is the oposite for the front sights.

·
Banned
900 Posts
I'm with them...(see above)

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
snaring america said:
on a rear sight if you move it right your point of impact moves right and if you move it left you point of impact moves left.

the up and down would depend on the sight but if it moves up the point of impact moves up and if you drop it down the point of impact moves down.

pretty much if you move a rear sight in any direction the point of impact also moves in that direction.

It is the oposite for the front sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts