The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yes sir !!! $60.95 average on eastern reds and $18.20 for eastern coon. Great numbers! I still can't belive folks sell to local buyers when you are lucky to get half that and I do mean lucky. FHA for me every yr.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im crying in my cereal because i havent been able to run my full line all season. my weakest year is paying the best.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Great prices, I'm getting mine out for the May Auction. Hopefully the prices hold.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I send to the May auction also furdog. Always a good sale.

Devin... All fur is sent to the auction house and must be put up. If you go on FHA's website and click on the trappers tab and look under pickup dates and you can find the closest pickup location to you. Meet Jim there and he will have bags and a small amount of paper work to fill out. Takes about 3 minutes. Then in April you can call Jim and get your FHA account number and get online and see how your fur grade and on auction day watch the auction live and see the lots your fur is sell. It is a very neat proccess. Commission is 11% put depending on the amount you make you will get a profit shaaring check for 5% of your total sale. You are then considered a producing owner. So in the end you will pay 6% commission. Better then loosing 50% min. to a country buy esp. if you like the put up part of trapping.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
ChrisNeffFCO said:
long beard, do you know how much you have to produce to get that 5% back?
Chris I am not sure what the min. is. I do know a couple guys that had less then $200 and did not receive it. But they have not complained and have already sent fur for the early auctions because even without the 5% back they still made out better then selling to the country buyer. One thing for sure is when you send them to auction you know you are getting a honest grade and not what the local buyer thinks it will grade. And one thing nice is if the auction doesn't get what they think the fur is worth they pull it back. They will not sell just to sell. They want you and them to make as much money as possible.

·
Administrator
15,009 Posts
long beard said:
Yes sir !!! $60.95 average on eastern reds and $18.20 for eastern coon. Great numbers! I still can't belive folks sell to local buyers when you are lucky to get half that and I do mean lucky. FHA for me every yr.

same here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts