The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,957 Posts
Feral cats are the reason God gave us the .22 hollow point.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Keystonepaul said:
even if it's legal I'd have to ask the mother in law if she was ok with company..................Keystonepaul
LOL...now I have to clean my morning coffee off my laptop!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
They're good for honing in archery skills..22 rounds are good but draw unwanted attention.as far as feeding them,i seen no reason why it would be illegal.

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
I don't like feral cats and it also gets on my nerves when people just let their cats roam free.They definately can be a nuisance.My question is,if you see a cat,how do you know that's the case?What if someone's cat slipped out of the house by accident?My kids have a cat that's declawed,neutered and has never once seen the light of day.If he ever got out and someone shot him,it would be a bad day for that person.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Cat should not be running loose,they kill countless birds and small animals,thats why they are fair game

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
dce said:
I don't like feral cats and it also gets on my nerves when people just let their cats roam free.They definately can be a nuisance.My question is,if you see a cat,how do you know that's the case?What if someone's cat slipped out of the house by accident?My kids have a cat that's declawed,neutered and has never once seen the light of day.If he ever got out and someone shot him,it would be a bad day for that person.
Agreed. I have a house cat that is the exact same way. She also can't tolerate a collar, therefore she doesn't wear one. I personally think it's childish the way some of the guys on here talk about shooting cats. But, if that makes you guys feel like more of a man, have at it.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
You'll know a feral cat when you see one. It's like playing here kitty, kitty with a wild animal.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
dce said:
You'd have to know about it first! Therein lies the biggest problem. Most cats around here aren't feral but they're ALLOWED by their owners to roam free. Cats should have to be licensed just like dogs and their owners should be held responsible for their actions and whereabouts. By the way, would it still be a bad day for 'that person' if it's their dog that tears your cat to shreds?

I posted that question for a reason....I refuse to buy the whole 'my cat can handle any dog' blah, blah, blah....my 30 pound Jack Russell doesn't care how mean your cat is, how sharp it's claws are or how big it is....if it's in HIS yard it's not coming out alive. That applies to nice, escaped, declawed cats too....he's not prejudice. And yes, my yard is fenced in and your cat has no business being there. Funny, we don't seem to have this problem with dogs. Seldom do I even see a dog loose let alone feral.

Directed at nobody in particular. DCE's comments just got me going. I'm sick of dealing with cat crap in my flower beds, cats running around loose all over the place, getting into my garbage cans, whizzing on my front porch, stalking birds at the feeder, etc.

I imagine if people took care of their cats and were responsible for them as most dog owners are then we wouldn't have these problems. So many people likely wouldn't have this kind of 'kill 'em all' attitude either. It would be like it is now with dogs.....you see one loose you probably call the owner or whomever and they get their critter under control.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
dce said:
Agreed and boasting about the conduct of some "hunters" on a forum surely isn't showing sportsmanship

Common sense goes a long way

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Normally, house cats (and yes....this does not cover all situations under all circumstances in every state in the union on any given day including the additional day in leap year).....but "usually" house cats, or someone's pet, will have a collar on it.

Not always, but lot's of times they will.

Also, they will be well groomed. And fat....yeah.....fat.

Dave

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Around here cat owners who let fluffy roam free don't get a second chance to keep him locked up. Fluffy gets out, or is intentionally let out, there's a better than average chance he won't be coming home again.

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
JasonN said:
dce said:
You'd have to know about it first! Therein lies the biggest problem. Most cats around here aren't feral but they're ALLOWED by their owners to roam free. Cats should have to be licensed just like dogs and their owners should be held responsible for their actions and whereabouts. By the way, would it still be a bad day for 'that person' if it's their dog that tears your cat to shreds?

I posted that question for a reason....I refuse to buy the whole 'my cat can handle any dog' blah, blah, blah....my 30 pound Jack Russell doesn't care how mean your cat is, how sharp it's claws are or how big it is....if it's in HIS yard it's not coming out alive. That applies to nice, escaped, declawed cats too....he's not prejudice. And yes, my yard is fenced in and your cat has no business being there. Funny, we don't seem to have this problem with dogs. Seldom do I even see a dog loose let alone feral.

Directed at nobody in particular. DCE's comments just got me going. I'm sick of dealing with cat crap in my flower beds, cats running around loose all over the place, getting into my garbage cans, whizzing on my front porch, stalking birds at the feeder, etc.

I imagine if people took care of their cats and were responsible for them as most dog owners are then we wouldn't have these problems. So many people likely wouldn't have this kind of 'kill 'em all' attitude either. It would be like it is now with dogs.....you see one loose you probably call the owner or whomever and they get their critter under control.
Cats absolutely should not be allowed to roam free.I agree 100%.If my kids cat got out and the neighbors dog ripped it to shreds in their yard,so be it.Animals don't necessarily know right from wrong and they don't have an understanding of the law.Comparing that to someone actually shooting one isn't the same.

Animals do what animals do,that's why people should be the one's held responsible.My one neighbor used to let his dogs run losse all of the time.The were constantly crapping in my yard but I put up with it because they never bothered anyone.

If we let out cat and dog run loose and someone killed it,that would be bad enough.Since we don't,if one got loose by accident and someone killed it,I'll say it again.It would be a very bad day for that person.That's my whole point.How do you know if it's a feral cat or someone's pet that got out?By the way,I don't have alot of sympathy for feral animals or for those that are allowed to roam free.Just be careful because you never know who's pet you might be offing.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts