The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a so-so day, still fun none the less! Found some cans buried in the sand today, bottle caps, and one dime. People really need to take their trash with them. Cans were whole so I know they didn't come from the beach replenishment that is going on right now. Boy they must do some heavy screening of the sand they pump in! Absolutely nothing! The 350 worked awesome on the beach. I did see it act just a little weird towards the wet sand, but nothing too bad. The deepest target was the bottle cap around 10 inches, the dime was about 7-8 inches. The whole cans were 3-4 inches. I never covered so much groynd as I did today! My arm is sore! LOL!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x4dad said:
No matter what you do or don't find , it's still better than being at work ....
Ill say!!!

We are going to Assateague Island tomorrow. No beach replenishment down there that I know of. Hopefully more targets there!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
make sure to check the regs on Assateague, I believe that is either a "park" or "national" beach, therefore NO detecting. I have a friend who was booted from there!!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Scratch that I think...timing is everything:

http://www.longwebs.org/csoth/StateParks.htm

Quote:
Assateague Island State Park policy is that metal detectors are not allowed from Memorial Day through Labor Day and are only allowed on the beach (not in the campground at any time). Individuals going to the park during the permitted times need to follow regular park entrance procedures (having appropriate entrance pass or paying day use service charges). However, if clubs or large groups wish to metal detect, park management should be contacted beforehand.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Thanks a lot!!! I have a seven day pass. But Ill still mention something when we get to the gate to get in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts