The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
awesome! i have a buddy who caught a male this morn too on the first check! hes a member here so hopefully he'll post some pics once he gets home and gets a chance

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Wow, that was fast! Congrats on the female. That's what the auction is looking for this season. Are you selling, tanning or mounting?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I learned and wrote down where I saw tracks at last year and set up hard and fast and got lucky she made a round thru here.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am know tied with releasing as many as I have kept lol. Now to get my cousin hers.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I forgot to ask, what kind of set, bait, lure, etc.?

I caught and released one about a month ago in a flat set with nothing but lure. Empty traps today though...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UUMMM lets see set was a large trench kinda set into a lil hill. Kinda looked like a groundhog hole. Lure was I dunno being half my labels have rubbed off somthing one of the bonaza's and maybe cold roller. I used to be able to take better notes of lures but I know which ones worked b4 the label's rubbed off.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
col_klink said:
UUMMM lets see set was a large trench kinda set into a lil hill. Kinda looked like a groundhog hole. Lure was I dunno being half my labels have rubbed off somthing one of the bonaza's and maybe cold roller. I used to be able to take better notes of lures but I know which ones worked b4 the label's rubbed off.
Haha! You sound like your in the same shape as me. I put sets out, then pick out whatever lure I think will work, I'll catch something and try to remember what I used. I'm too busy trying to get as many sets out to remember what I used.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually use my ipod and use the voice record thingy so I can write it down later. But it still don't help when the labels are wore off. But certain lures that I use alot I know what they are from the look and well the smell.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good Job Klink....We filled 2 of 3 tags last night in Cambria as well. (2 Females) I hope to post Pics when we get back. I really enjoy catching these things. Maybe its the few days away from all the xmas hustle and bustle that I like.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts