The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-weight: bold">Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) no longer has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Feinstein</span>, who has taken the lead on efforts to renew a federal assault weapons ban, <span style="font-weight: bold">acknowledged during a hearing in 1995 of previously having a concealed weapon permit. </span>

At the time, she said she needed it for security, but she has since dropped the permit. ....

In 1995 a hearing on terrorism after the Oklahoma City bombing, Feinstein recounted how, in the 1970s, she was the target of the New World Liberation Front which first attempted to blow up her home. After the bomb failed to detonate, Feinstein explained, she decided to arm herself.

"Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home and I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms," Feinstein said in the 1995 hearing.

"When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon," she said. "I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me. ......

Feinstein got rid of the permit once the New World Liberation Front was no longer a threat to her. .......

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...-permit-anymore

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The question is, how many armed people are protecting her?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok - but the better question is...

Why was concealed carry in places most couldn't carry even if properly licensed ok for her then - but not for us now?

I like the language she used, "I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me".

Now - she supports measures to deny the rest of us the same reasoning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts