The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several dozen crawlers remaining from a whole flat I bought back in May. Just was wondering what everybody adds to the worm bedding to keep them fed and healthy for the whole season,other than commercially sold worm food?

Bob

Registered
well rotted kitchen waste - vegetable material only. Throw in some moss, grass clippings and keep the soil moist (not wet). Do not over-do the kitchen waste or the moisture and make sure the container/s have drainage (but keeps the worms from getting out). You may need to do some experimentation to hit the right combo. Maybe try a few flats with different additives. My dad used to keep 2 wooden crates in a cool spot in the basement with nightcrawlers in them. He was very successful with raising them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.