The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much trouble can someone who actively feeds deer during the season get into. Like they go outside the first and last hour of every day and hand feed corn to 30-40 deer and turkey daily.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Dmap, and he doesn't hunt, But it's up against a 121 acre farm that people do hunt.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like his ground, his choice.
While I 99% of the time agree with that stance. I will say that if his choice gets someone else fined for baiting when they are on there own property that is a quick way to start a war.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Maybe, instead of posting here, time would be better spent talking to the man... has that happened?

I mean before a war starts.....seems prudent.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe, instead of posting here, time would be better spent talking to the man... has that happened?

I mean before a war starts.....seems prudent.
He said they are like his kids and he will do what he wants.
I only posted here to see what the general populous thought before I start something that might not end well.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If it were me , I would hunt my side of the property line, with no regards what he does on his side what so ever. He is feeding the deer not baiting them as I see it....It seems he is not dumping a pile of corn for them to come into....

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it were me , I would hunt my side of the property line, with no regards what he does on his side what so ever. He is feeding the deer not baiting them as I see it....It seems he is not dumping a pile of corn for them to come into....
He tosses shell corn to the turkey, and hand feeds the deer. But there is always corn on the ground so by any definition I see a warden saying it's baiting. And they don't define any distances and I don't really like leaving things up to someone elses opinion.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Since you are the one hunting there only you can make that decision to hunt on your side. Do what you feel is right.Best of luck with your dilemma....

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
A very controversial situation. Maybe its time to ban all baiting!:popcorn::jestera:

Reactions: fall gobbler

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If so, how far from the feed do you have to stay before it becomes a crime?
There is no set distance, if there is evidence that the deer are moving past where you are on stand in gun range on their way from or to the bait you are taking advantage of a baited area.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If so, how far from the feed do you have to stay before it becomes a crime?
There is no set distance, if there is evidence that the deer are moving past where you are on stand in gun range on their way from or to the bait you are taking advantage of a baited area.
Hense my point.
I don't want to force an issue as I feel people should be able to do what they want to do on there own property, but it's not ok for them to effect mine.
If the game commission can't stop him from doing this how is it ok for them to say anything to me. It's a bad situation and we put THOUSANDS of dollars in food plots and land management

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you know the neighbors feeding wildlife affects your free use of your property and you do not have the cojones to talk to them, what do you expect the PGC to do? Sadly people can lay out food for wildlife so long as they are not hunting over it. Perhaps if you speak to your neighbor they will stop, if not, you are you are not in a worse position than if you did not talk to them. In a perfect world it would be illegal to intentionally feed big game, perhaps you should contact your senator and representative to push a bill through the general assembly to stop it.

Reactions: bohunr
1 - 20 of 77 Posts