The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,185 Posts
I just cant find anything on why federal stopped making heavy weight shells in the larger shot sizes.
As the price of these heavier than lead products went up, the sales went down and hunters quit buying them in any quantities. There just was no demand.
Add in the many improvements made to Steel Shot over the last 5 years and waterfowlers ain't gonna go Boom, Boom, Boom with shells that cost $3 to $5 a shot.

· Registered
4,185 Posts
The Fereral Heavy Weight is different than the High Density Ultra Shock. Best that I can remember the Heavy Weight your looking for has been discontinued.

The Ultra Shock that Pappy is referring to would be the next best thing.
Hevi Shot would be the best choice but that stuff is priced much higher.

· Registered
4,185 Posts
The heavy weight would be the better choice because of it 15 g/cc but it's $27 for 5 shells. The Hevi shot is $31 for 10 rounds and 12 g/cc.

Thus my reasoning of Hevi Shot would be the best ALL AROUND shot. If price is no object go for the HW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.