The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone uses Federal Fusion ammo and what they think of it????
Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
19,984 Posts
Lets see. I use it in my 454 Casull, .243, 7MM-08, 30-06, 7mm Mag, .270, and 300 winnie. You could say I like it.

The best ammo for deer sized game as far as I am concerned. Bonded, fairly cheap and accurate in everything I have.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
It shot very well out of my .270. I like Federal ammo in
general but have always shot the Remington core-lokt bullets
in my .270 up until this year when the store was out of them
The Federal fusion bullets shot and grouped better so I am
gonna stick with them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My brother used 2 boxes in his .308. I normally load for him, but he bought a Remington 7600 right before deer season 4 years ago, so he tried the Fusions. He shot 4-5 deer out of the 2 boxes, performance was about the same as the Accubonds I use in my 06 and what I have loaded for him since- pass throughs, even on some raking shots and good expansion. He's not much of a group shooter, but had several 1-1.25" three shot groups when we sighted his rifle in. If I did not reload, I would use the Fusions for deer hunting.

Will

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have found it to be very accurate in everything I have tried. When I choose not to reload it is my ammo of choice right now. Quality ammo and priced right.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Alot of guys like it... seems like a good buy out there right now.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I am shopping around for a .338 Federal load and they caught my eye. I wonder how they would work on bears(PA Bears)or should I spend the extra $25/box for Noslers??
I will use it for deer also and am sure they will work just fine.
Dave

·
Registered
19,984 Posts
A fusion from a .338 Federal will be perfect for our bears.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$25/box is a great price!!!
I am going to pick up a few boxes even though my barrel will not be ready for 10-12 weeks

Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
Buy the Noslers. I love the fusions for deer size game but was hugely disappointed on thier performance on an Elk out west. Got the animal but 4 shots (my bad) hit "in " the shoulder instead of behind it, with a .308. The partions are bone crushers & would have dropped him a lot quicker

1 - 17 of 17 Posts