The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what kind of feathers is everyone shooting on here, I currently use 5" shield cut feathers but I am thinking about switching over to the traditional cut feathers because I never see anyone using them, so if you use the trad. feathers I'd really like to see some pics to get an idea of how they look compared to the shield feathers.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I use mainly sheild and parabolic cuts. I like the way sheild cut fletchings look but I think parabolic is a more stable design and quieter. The last couple batches of arrows I made use a high profile 5.5" parabolic burn.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I shoot 5" shield Cuts as well, but I have also been looking at the traditional cuts.....I really like the way that they look

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Wild Turkey feathers, 5" shield cut.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
I shoot either 5.5" or 5" shield cuts. They seem to stabilize the arrow the fastest.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm shooting banana cuts. I have an old chopper that made a big cut, 5.5"s. I modified it to make 4.75" cuts. It's a much lower profile as well. Very quiet feather. I have a dozen douglas fir shafts coming soon, can't wait to fletch them up.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I made a few feathers this morning. Love them Turk feathers!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I shoot 5" parabolic. I think they may be quieter due to the rounded back. 2 yellow barred and 1 solid yellow on either CE heritage 350s or Beman bowhunter 300s - depends on what bow I'm shooting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
5.5" Banana cuts (low profile) I buy them in white they dye them.Shafts are carbon xpress heritage 250's with white or orange wrap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts