The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always shot feathers. Always. Have had real good results too. Just wondering what you guys thoughts were on either one.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Just my point of view would be freathers for a longbow, a recurve or a primative. Vanes for compounds and crossbows. A more intersing quiestion would be what type of cut and style of fletching to use: shield, parabolic -- yada, yada.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always shot 4 inch feathers with a right helical. Worked well with fixed and expandables.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have always shot 4" feathers with either a left helical or offset but put together a dozen eastons with AAE Max Hunters for out west this fall. Last years trip it rained atleast part of the day for 9 days straight! That can be alittle hard on feathers.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I have always shoot 4 of 5 in feathers with a right helical and they fly awesome, two things i really like about them one is they are very forgiving and will take a beating, and the second one is that they hold alot of evidence after u shoot a deer and what i mean by that is, the blood or the guts wont come off really easy and they also hold the smell if u think u hit it alittle back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts