The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my fawn back today. It is displayed in a coffee table I made. pics arent that good because of reflection in the glass but thought I would share.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm sure I missed a backstory somewhere, but how did you happen upon a fawn? I think it's pretty cool looking, and if I had any suggestions, I'd say it looks just a tad out of place bedded on what appears to be dirt. I keep wanting to see some leaves or branches on the bottom to make it look more natural. I'm not busting on it in any way. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it driving down the road about 1/2 mile from home last spring. Amazingly, there was nothing wrong with it other than a small slpit in the one ear. Called the PGC and got my permit for $75.00(I know someone will ask). I think it needs more greenery/grass on the base also but I just got it today and will have to think about it some more after looking at it for a while.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Awesome! Yeah, a little more cover would be sweet! Add to the natural setting of a bedded doe. I've often thought of a similar mount, but having a log with tree tops, and the fawn bedded in that. Again awesome mount!

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
jk828 said:
I think it needs more greenery/grass on the base also but I just got it today and will have to think about it some more after looking at it for a while.
Hey, I think it looks great. When I first saw it, I thought maybe the three inside walls could be covered with an outdoors wallpaper. And since you mentioned you are thinking of other greens, etc, just thought I would mention it.

My buddy also had a fawn mounted. He found it on patrol one day (State Trooper) and the WCO gave him a permit.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I really like it did you mount it yourself? I think it you add too much cover and grasses it will take away from the mount.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I like it the way it is. If anyone asks, just tell them its what you saw in Potter County before herd reduction. A hay scented fern and no regneration.

Seriously, beautiful mount!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GalThatFishes said:
I like it the way it is. If anyone asks, just tell them its what you saw in Potter County before herd reduction. A hay scented fern and no regneration.
Thats funny!
The more I look at it, the more I like it as is. So for now I am not going to add anything.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
wow...i would love to have that table.....like you mentioned, i may have had a lot more green just because fawns are typically well hidden in taller grasses and brushy areas.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Very nice mount !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts