The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
29,901 Posts
I'm actually racking my brain right now trying to remember any toys I had....aging blows

I remember a model gas powered helicopter I got when I was around 11, I think. It wasn't remote controlled, you got it started and let it go. It stayed up for a few minutes, and depending on which way and how strong the wind was blowing determined how easy it was to recover.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Matchboxes! I used to smash some up with a hammer and then play "Emergency". Remember Gage and Desoto?

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I had a recurve bow...still play with one from time to time these days!

·
Banned
2,639 Posts
NanookOdaNorth said:
I had a recurve bow...still play with one from time to time these days!
i think i shot 6 million arrows in my youth from age 8 to 12 i could easily shoot an arrow off your head in them days... never ever used a sight....

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
coyoterook said:
could easily shoot an arrow off your head in them days... never ever used a sight....
My mom got me a fiberglass bow with S&H green stamps and I wore out a few dozen of wooden arrows with it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hot Wheels! Had the original cars until they came out with Sizzlers, which were charged by a "pump" (just a battery charger shaped like a gas pump that you plugged into the car). It was great until my mom figured out the track was as good for spankings as it was to race on. You could raise a serious welt with that stuff.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
id have to say rocks were a favorite when we were kids on the farm. you could skip them across the water, you could see how far you could throw them, you could throw them at each other, you could find an old 2X4 and see how far you could hit them, you could throw them at vermin. etc...

at home I had way to many toys....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts