The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all folks. My favorite and old stand by has to be a Rebel pop r. I just started topwater fishing last year, and don't know to much about it. Also have had luck with a jitterbug, and recently picked up a heddon torpedo which I'm hopin to have luck with.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Need a walk-the-dog action lure in there. Zara Spook or the such. Sometimes fish just don't go after the rattling popping chugging lures. Can't beat the fall top water Susky River bite! Insane action ALL DAY LONG!

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
Torpedo or Wood Chopper.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
ALL OF THEM ... LOL. It really comes down to where/when I'm fishing. I probably use a black jitterbug the most only because I fish those two spots the most and it's dark.

However my best day was using a Zara Spook(the mid sized "puppy" model). I had been out for the last day early ducks(Sat) and saw minnies being chased. I went back Sunday afternoon and nailed them. Don't know how many(alot) but it was enough to sink my Spook.. Most were in the 8"-14" range but there were a few 16"-18" in the mix. This was my best day using any lure/bait as far as numbers caught.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Heddon Torpedo, worked slow stop and go with a little twitching works well for me at our camp along French Creek in Crawford Co. for Smallies and Northern Pike....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Buzz baits are fun...also like Zara Spooks, jitterbugs, twitching a floating Rapala or Rebel minnow is fun too!!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Love Jitterbugs and so do the Big Bass.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Im suprised no one mentioned the crippled killer, my favorite for 50 yrs. I believe invented and still manufactured right here in Pa.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts