The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What lure have you had the most success with this time of the year (last two weeks of archery). I will start the post:

Golden doe estrous by Wildlife research

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
This time of year....screw the lures. Get a decoy. I love using my Renzo's doe decoy along with a doe bleat call. Works every time. Just make sure you set it up right. If not you get busted every time or end up with a 50yd shot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Currently using Code blue Doe Estrus. I have a 5 pointer walking around but he hasn't paid much attention to anything, not enough balls yet. Just on the other side of the property I'm on, a 10, 8, and 6 pointer are walking around. I would be abit scared too...

·
Registered
310 Posts
PAUL POLLICK'S Buck interdigital-Preorbital scents work great.I tried many of his lures with great results.I like using local lure made from deer from Pa..You know then they eat pretty much the same things as the deer your hunting.Its not coming from a deer farm in Teaxas or South Carolina that may feed on other foods.That is just my opinion.My #1 Whitetail Deer Lure is from Real Scent-Pure Heat- is second to none at this time of year through rifle season here in Pa..They are from Millersburg,Pa.-Real Scent.com -I can't say enough about their lures.I do not work for them at all.But they started a couple years ago and I hope they do well and stick around so they can keep making their deer lure.They are a family run deer farm that is great to do buisness with.They also make the BEST DEER LURE I have ever tried and I tried alot of them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Kirschners Siler Top and Rutting Type, i'm only 2.8 miles from his deer pens. small spray bottle of Code Blue up in the stand to get it on the breeze.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Man I love using decoy's this time of year over using scent. Me and a friend had a Renzo's decoy out last night and took a real nice 8pt. We also saw a snot load of other deer with (4) real nice bucks bumping the does around too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts