The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Favorite Opening Days?

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  mathewsarcher 
#1 ·
Compare some favorite opening days. WHich ones do you prefer?

#3 ·
It was hard not to vote for trout. I love the excitement, and the crowd. It doesn't bother me at all. I can find tranquil streams the rest of the year, but i love the anticipation of throwing that first line at 0800. And being able to see other people around you reeling in fish makes it cool, too.

Heck, why did I vote for deer??

#4 ·
John Henry said:
It was hard not to vote for trout. I love the excitement, and the crowd. It doesn't bother me at all. I can find tranquil streams the rest of the year, but i love the anticipation of throwing that first line at 0800. And being able to see other people around you reeling in fish makes it cool, too.

Heck, why did I vote for deer??
Traditon. But, unlike when we vote for President, we get two choices that we can feel good about voting for, instead of the none we usually get.

#8 ·
I love the opening day of rifle season but it isn't quite the same since I lost my Dad. Trout season though. My friends and I sittin by the creek at 6:00 AM just waiting with excitement. We finish up by lunch time and we are grilling brats and burgers in the parking area for lunch!

The opening day of Pirates baseball, the best way to describe that is bittersweet. That day might be great and full of hope but you know what's coming. You know that the train wreck is only a day away. So I voted for NFL, at least the Steelers (typically) give legitimate hope.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.