The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite grill item? (Game or store bought)

And what is your favorite way to prepare it on the grill?

It's been dead over here so let's get this started.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not a cook by any means (even on the grill) so my favorite is a good deer/beef burger cooked medium rare with onions and jalapenos stacked on top - right before its done melt pepper jack cheese over burger, onions, and jalapenos. Top with some hot sauce on a good hot grilled roll.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Honestly, there are too many to list fo me. Seafood is one of my favs. As is pork and venison. (Oh, and MOFO's duck kabobs with PBS salsa) I like to slow cook on indirect heat after a quick sear on each side. I hate anything that is burnt or over cooked on a grill. Might as well just put it in a microwave and have at it.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking to get some recipes - techniques as well out of this thread. My pops or my fiances father normally mans the grill - so when I'm at my house I never really have many ideas.

C'mon fellas ...

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
depends on what I feel like. but london broil is one of my favorite cheap steaks to get. get a 2.5 lb london broil and sear it then grill it on indirect heat with montreal steak seasoning on both sides. I normally put grilled onions and mushrooms on top with au jus slice meat in strips after it has rested a bit. another one I like to do is chicken halves. when I see chicken halves on sale I get some. grill em on indirect heat until leg bone twists out of socket easily. I use stubbs moppin sauce on my chicken basting normally every 15 minutes. this stuff is goood. a good side I normally do is get orange and yellow bell peppers and marinade in gazebo room dressing for a hour or two. then grill till they start to get a bit tender. I like em with a bit of crunch to em when I bite into one. drunken chicken with stubbs basted on the outside is another one I do a good bit while camping. burgers I like to get good sirlion burger from the store and grill up some half lb burgers. I fry up some pepper bacon and then when I put the burger together it gets bacon pepperjack cheese and a chipotle mayo on it. toast a tater roll and that is some good eatin.

pretty crappy pic but here are some halves and bell peppers on the grill.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Venison loin. I coat the outside with a little veggie oil then put a little garlic salt and onion powder on and then throw it on the grill. It may be simple but man is it good.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
I cook a lot on the grill and other than a good porterhouse, my hands down favorite is just chuck steak marinated in your favorite BBQ sauce for at least 4 hours. I't cheap and it is tasty. Most of the time I make my BBQ sauce but if I'm in a hurry I always use sweet baby rays.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Lamb chops marinaded in olice oil, finely diced garlic and chopped fresh rosemary. Hammer them a few minutes on each side till med rare. Scallops wrapped with bacon, Rock lobster tail with the shell butterflyed open from the top grilled meat side down first, then shell side down. I could go on but I'm getting hungry. Don't forget grilled bell peppers, tomatoes and speing onions lightly brushed w/olive oil, w/ a little salt.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Pork Tenderloin on the grill. We like to buy a big long tenderloin and cut it in half and then butterfly the 2 halves.
Coat the tenderloin with Montreal seasoning, wrap it in foil and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Set grill to a medium heat and cook on the grill until just about done. Then mix 3 tbsp. of mayo and mustard. It is best if you use a flavored mustard. We like to use: Stone Wall Kitchens Spicy Maine Maple Champagne Mustard and Miracle whip mayo. Coat the tenderloin on both sides until all used up. Pull off the grill and let it sit under a foil tent for 10-15 mins. This is an important part of the process so make sure to let it sit covered.
Slice it up and put on Kaiser Rolls and serve with any cheese and BBQ Sauce. You can also make more of the sauce you put on the pork and use it. It is awesome. Cant wait until Sunday!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I did my first beef brisket a couple of weeks ago, done a couple since now is my favorite to smoke and eat,
chunk of beef ( best is a big bolar roast) seasonings, and let sit in a smoker for 5 hours, when you cut into it is so tender and all the juices run out!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Costco fillet- buy it , stip it down (take the cuttings off for all kinds of different meals) and sear it on both sides- served rare\med rare...(I always roll in on the round outside in Montreal steak seasoning)...it totally rocks- you can get like 8 huge good fillets out of it (along with the cuttings) for $50...-that is cheap fillet- and better than any restraunt...
I usually age it in my fridge for 7-10 days but you don't have to...

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I'm w/ you Loggy.... add a teryaki glaze and a side of asparagus and we're golden!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Chicken smothered in bbq sauce and beer can chicken and moose steak and shishkabobs made of deer meat, peppers, garlic, onions, and tomato and deer steak and corn on the cob wrapped in foil and chicken shishkabobs and..........

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Grilled Mahi Mahi, marinaded in Mc Cormics lemon and herb seasoning. Loggy, I do my tuna the same way.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Steak or Burgers.
Onion Soup Mix and pepper sprinkled on while grilling.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
1 1/2" Porterhouse rubbed with oyster sauce garlic powder and tons of course ground pepper. Charred on the outside and cool in the center. On the side make a blue cheese butter sauce for dipping. I need to get a towel to dry my keyboard off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts