The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, what are your favorite colors for crappie?

I have my best luck with pink/white, black/chartreuse, and black/white. Mostly 1/16th and 1/8th ounce jigheads.

I've seen some interesting newer patterns out there like electric chicken...haven't tried it yet...yet!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I havent had much luck here in PA, but back in Wisconsin I use to use the pink/white alot... as well as yellow with black head ones with good luck... Use to use 1/32 ones with a twister tail on them on a slip bobber rig and had a lot of them that would take the bobber down before it was even upright...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
chartruse is the go to .... but I have been known to use pink, white, yellow or clear with sparkles

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
White, chartreuse, yellow and black in that order.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
White, yellow, and chartreuse, in that order. Usually a twister tail, but also have luck with marabou and small tubes.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Emerald and chartreuse Berkley Gulp 1" minnow. I have not used a regular type crappie bait since I discovered gulp.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Blood red 1/16oz, end of story... For the crappie at least.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RobOz said:
Emerald and chartreuse Berkley Gulp 1" minnow. I have not used a regular type crappie bait since I discovered gulp.
I have heard great things about the Gulp lineup for all types of panfish. Plan to invest in some this Spring!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Love the gulp minnow for crappie and bluegill. I use the 1" early in the spring and then switch to the 2" later when the water warms up. I feel the bigger bait will catch bigger fish and most of the time that is true.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
buckloaf said:
Love the gulp minnow for crappie and bluegill. I use the 1" early in the spring and then switch to the 2" later when the water warms up. I feel the bigger bait will catch bigger fish and most of the time that is true.
Never tried the 2", but will now. Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I favor a 1/16 oz shaddart with red head, white body & white tail! Sometimes I switch to yellow but white hair has consistently produced through the years.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
White, chartreuse and pink.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lackawanna Fox said:
White,white,and if there not hitting that I'll throw white
Have you tried white yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts