The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Favorite Camp Tunes !

After seeing many posts about favorite camp beverages, meals, etc..
Haven't seen one about favorite tunes.
What's your favorite?
May be something that reminds you of camp, or what you listen to on ride to camp.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Favorite Camp Tunes !

Simple Man,
Lynyrd Skynyrd

·
Registered
3,637 Posts

Not a camp favorite but a song that as soon as you hear it makes you think of camp....Lou Bega Mambo Number 5 Back in 1999-2000 when we went to camp almost weekly during the hunting seasons this song was a huge hit. The only station we can get on the radio at camp played it non stop!

·
Registered
258 Posts

171farm said:
Not a camp favorite but a song that as soon as you hear it makes you think of camp....Lou Bega Mambo Number 5 Back in 1999-2000 when we went to camp almost weekly during the hunting seasons this song was a huge hit. The only station we can get on the radio at camp played it non stop!
Wow that's unfortunate......terrible song.

·
Registered
25,495 Posts

Whatever happens to be on WCKR-FM out of Hornell, NY...as long as it ain't that Second Week of Deercamp thing? Same for The Pig from Olean.

When I eventually grow weary of hearing the same top 30 country songs over and over again on CKR or The Pig, I switch to The Met and classic rock tunes.

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts

<span style="font-weight: bold"> I brought the radio home a few years ago.....Much rather have the peace and quiet...</span>

·
Registered
237 Posts

We have an old record player. We have a Johnny Cash album that was recorded live at San Quinton prison. Listening to that old crackly music on the record player makes me think of camp.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts

Its long gone now, but we had a console stereo at camp most of my life. The pop and crackle of Merle Haggard, Mama Tried, will always take me back to camp, and makes me remember all the old members who have passed.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

My ole friend , may he RIP, Dave Zewe.. Always played Ray Stevens and his crazy songs at his place in Wycoff Run.. Hunted a few years with Dave out of his now torn down "OUR CAMP"

1 - 20 of 43 Posts