The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your favorite type of call to use while hunting or to collect? list some of your favorites in posts after you vote

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
My favorite to hunt with are mouth calls. The BIG advantage is the ability to call without ANY movement. They do require a good deal of practice but IMO it's well worth the time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
My favorite hunting call is slate. Having said that, I keep a mouth call ready to close if need be. As far as a locator call, crazy as this may sound, I have been using an elk bugle.

·
Premium Member
24,167 Posts
WildTigerTrout said:
My favorite to hunt with are mouth calls. The BIG advantage is the ability to call without ANY movement.
I'm starting to like a box call now and soon i'll be using a wingbone call

·
Registered
739 Posts
Woodhaven The Red Zone 3 pack are the mouth calls i carry when im hunting. i also carry a Knight&Hale White Liar pot call as well as a Knight&Hale Wet Willy box call.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
All my box calls & strikers are waterproof. MADD River Otter is my favorite box call, Yella Hammer friction call, & Aggressive Game Calls or Quaker Boy mouth calls.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That's a tough question. I love box or pot calls and used them more than diaphrams. I'm glad I can carry all three and several varieties of each. I think my box call (Rohm's walnut poplar) is probably my favorite but its really a toss up.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i am a mouth call guy my self have been for 4 years now but took me 8 years of practice to get really good on one now 90 % of the time when i seal the deal its on a mouth call bc i can have my gun up and hands free while still being able to call
huntin_buck said:
Whats your favorite type of call to use while hunting or to collect? list some of your favorites in posts after you vote

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
personally I carry a box, 3-4 pots, and 5-8 different mouth calls. box for locating, pots once I set up, and mouthcall interchangably between everything...and especially once i get the gun up. I really like being able to sound like different birds and throw something different at them

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Box call hands down...just never needed another call.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I love mouth calls, but i always carry a pot call with me to use as well. My two go to calls are the Red Scorpion and the Cherry Classic Crystal from Woodhaven

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I feel the most confidence with a pot call in my hands. The most important thing is deciding when to put it down and get your hands on the gun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts