The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In cold weather? I've got great boots from Cabela's that are uninsulated, and I have a pair of LaCrosse Ice Kings for sitting still when I hunt deer in super cold weather, last year I ruined a pair of Sorel Conquests. I liked them, and was thinking about getting another pair. Wondered what everyone else liked to wear for chasing pheasants on cold days in the snow.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I really like the conquests but I wouldn't argue with Bull on the pronghorns. Get the 1000 gram insulated, lightweight and warm. I think either would be good with a good wool sock.

·
Registered
24,785 Posts
Generally wear uninsulated Rubber boots for small game... Do quite a bit of walking so feet stay warm, and the rubber keeps em dry....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input fellows. I totally have no idea what to do. I've had some pretty good foot injuries in the past and apparently some circulation issues. The conquests always kept em warm but were a little clumsy, my Cabelas with very little insulation aren't cutting it in this snow (which is my favorite time to hunt) The Danner Pronghorns seem to be getting super reviews....may be what I'll try. Thanks all. Happy hunting......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, next problem......I can't find the pronghorns in a size 15. Even been on the Danner site, size 14. 15s are out of stock everywhere. Been on amazon, shoebuy, zappos, danner, etc. I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere eventually. I hate my feet. Lol. Thanks again guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts