The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting my MGM custom barrel, 25" for my encore in a few weeks. I never owned or loaded for the swede. Research is howing RL22 to be a very good powder. I want to shoot 140gr bullets, most likely a boat tail (SST?) Ill be bring it to Kansas this fall for whitetails. I'm excited and want to have the dies and supplies ready when the barrel gets here. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks guys....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I shoot 47gr RL 22 with 140 gamekings 2600fps chronoed. This load has proven to be a <.5 MOA load from both my Encore and my Tikka T3. I am currently working on a load for 120 Nos BT. Cant get it to shoot as good as the gameking. Still mostly <.75 MOA. Took a Lope with the gameking at 405yds with the Tikka. Consistently hit plate at 700yds. Heck of arc in the vapor trail... LOL

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have been using 47gr of H4831SC with the 129gr SP & SST's for years now with good results in my 6.5x55

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
A bullet that gets overlooked as a big game bullet is the 140gr Berger VLD Hunting. I never had the opportunity to test them on deer but from what I viewed on varmints they exhibited a good level of expansion for a HPBT. Their are a fair amount of people on the web posting excellent results with them on big game as well.

I mention this because the Berger was one of the best shooting bullets out of my particular 6.5x55. My rifle had an 8" twist rate and shot the 140gr class bullets the best. In that weight range Reloader 22, H4350 and H4831 produced the best accuracy with velocities up to 2950ish with a 26" barrel.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you fellas!!!! You are a big help.....i have all the components now just waiting for ........THE BARREL!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts