The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite brand of .380 handgun and why?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I would love to own a Colt Mustang, mostly because they are a Mini-1911, but not willing to shell out 1K for one...Something about the 380 cartridge that has always interested me, though I've never owned one.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Big Ken said:
I would love to own a Colt Mustang........
I would too. But I really can't see much use for a .380 anymore.

I had a Taurus 58 one time a good while back. It's a medium-to-full sized .380 with a capacity of around 10-13 rounds. It was lots of fun to shoot. But it was still a .380.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Love my little KelTec P3AT.Easily concealed in a pocket holster. Reliable, no stovepipes and accurate enough for a close encounter situation. It might be a little too small for somebody with large Hands.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you have problems with keltec send back and they will fix for free, love mine,took pa. Act235 and sheriff of leymone carries for backup, I do my own work but it runs great! ahbill69

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Bluesberry said:
German made PPKS ,,no brainer....
I own a Walther PPKs in stainless. Super easy to hide, not all that terrible in weight. But, the 380 is not that good in accuracy. Not bad personal weapon for conceal carry. Just a mini 9mm.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Not trying to be that guy, but I've owned two seperate .380's and have shoot 4 different .380s - I wasn't a fan of any of them. I'll stick with a single stack 9mm or 45, and can for the most part hide them equally well. (I carry IWB not pocket)

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
x2

keystoneMAN 85 said:
Not trying to be that guy, but I've owned two seperate .380's and have shoot 4 different .380s - I wasn't a fan of any of them. I'll stick with a single stack 9mm or 45, and can for the most part hide them equally well. (I carry IWB not pocket)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ahh the .380 everything you hate about a 9mm at double the cost for ammo. I have two of them and I really wish I would have bought a 9mm. The only good reason to get a .380 is to be able to have a smaller pistol, but these days 9s are getting pretty small. After taking the plunge myself I would never recommend one over a 9 unless you are buying a gun for size. IMHO

·
Registered
805 Posts
I will agree if you were looking for a small carry pistol, I would take a look at the compact nines. I bought my wife a Bersa 380 not a bad gun for the money.

Ammo is more expensive than 9MM, if you can find it. I reload 380 and still don’t shoot much 380. I have big hands with plenty of Arthritic and the little gun just doesn’t fit my hands well, and the little rounds are a pain too reload.

My wife is not crazy about a hammer gun for her handbag. I may sell it and get her a small striker fire 9MM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Kel-Tec P3AT with me most often. Not the best built gun but light, reliable, easy to strip and clean. Also have an original Colt Mustang that I'll never sell but don't carry anymore. Looking at a S&W bodyguard .380 with laser next.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts