The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite .357magnum and why?

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
I have handled many and it is hands down the Colt Python. It litterally was like a work of art. I wish I owned one.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have a S&W 6" 586. It was the first handgun I purchased when I turned 21. It shoots and handles like a dream - the best single action trigger I ever tried. I have taken one deer, fall turkey, and a few groundhogs with it.

I would like to get a Ruger Blackhawk with the 4 5/8 barrel. I think this would be the perfect woods walking handgun.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have a Blackhawk I purchased in 1972 and it will always be my number one. Feed it what you will, she blasts them all.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I have a Taurus 6" revolver. Its not bad for shooting targets and such, but its too big to carry anywhere. I'd like to get a S&W 686 3" or a Ruger SP101 for carrying fishing and hiking back in the mountains.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Gotta agree with you Octagon; I have owned and shot many revolvers and hands down the Colt Python is the best I have ever shot. I have a 6" royal blue version that really like; it's perfect for me for just about everything I would ever use a revolver for.

The second best revolver I ever owned was a model 657 41 mag. in 6". It was outstanding and like a fool I traded it off. I wish I had it back.

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
I just bought a Ruger GP100 and it fits me perfectly

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I had a Herters Power Mag 357 with a Herters scope on it( that I traded to another member on here for a 270 rifle) that was my favorite single action. My favorite double action is a Smith and Wesson model 27 with 8and3/8" barrel

·
Registered
25,495 Posts
S&W M686 four inch bbl, original year of manufacture. Wouldn't want anything else.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Toss up between the only two I own:

One is my first handgun purchased in the 70's, a 6" S&W M19. I shot NRA Bullseye with this for years and did fairly well. I even handgunned woodchcucks with this and did okay. It seemed that any handload I made for this worked well and was accurate.

The other is a S&W M27. Heavy revolver but a sturdy robust wheelgun that's still pretty refined in the action/trigger pull department.

I'd have a tough time chosing between the two. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts