The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what your fastest response and kill was? It made me think because on Tuesday night I cslled and killed a grey fox at 27 seconds. My previous fastest kill was a grey at just under 2 minutes. I also called a yote in just under 3 minutes once and missed the shot on it. Gotta love the grey fox fight on my fury!

·
Registered
722 Posts
30 seconds as 2 red fox came barreling in...that was 10 years ago...wow. I remember it as I was alone and not ready for one yet alone 2....I got one and other got away......It was a rush...

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Red Fox this year: less than 10 seconds from hitting "call" to him being on the ground less than 10ft in front of me.

Bobcat: 2yrs ago, less than 30 seconds from "call" to her going head over heels at 65yds.

to the opposite, my first ever night calling when I knew next to nothing, i called the same field for over 3hrs and killed a grey fox around the 3.5hr mark!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I killed a coyote two days ago in about 1 min of calling.
I had three come in last year in 2mins. I keep my rifle shouldered from the min I sit down.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Idk. I hqve had several under a minute. My cat showed itself with one sweep of the light but till the trigger was pulled prob a min? I have called a few fox tho i have seen when walking in to a stand and squeeked em in and killed in a few seconds but i dont know if that counts.

·
Banned
4,532 Posts
A few minutes for both yotes and reds. Don't ask for the longest waiting times, we'll be here all night!!

John

·
Registered
330 Posts
Around 15 seconds. sat down picked out my sound and turns the caller on and there was a red at 30 yds. Came right out of the corn.

·
Registered
183 Posts
10 sec. the first time i ever played my e-call white coyoye came charging to 20yds. that was 13mo. ago nothing since,not for lack of trying.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Over the years I "learned" that the first minute or two can be productive. One of the reasons may be is because I would set up in places where I found sign or saw activity.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
4c_game_chaser said:
to the opposite, my first ever night calling when I knew next to nothing, i called the same field for over 3hrs and killed a grey fox around the 3.5hr mark!

I remember those days!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts