The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Lehigh and Philadelphia county treasurers do not participate in the annual pink envelope tsunami.
I think a bigger issue may be the staffing problems in the USPO and resulting delays in processing/delivering to the county treasurer of your choice - for those of us who are not "local" to the treasurer's post office.
Because of staffing at my branch post office, I have not received mail for the past two days.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Given all the recent mail delays folks have been reporting over the last year, I'll bet it does make a difference which Post Office you mail from.
Which post office do you mail from and what county treasurer do you mail to?
Mckean/potter depends where I get my envelopes. Some places put address labels on before giving them out. Which is a nice thing to do. Picked mine up today and are going to mckean since have the labels on. Like I said never had a problem at either and people seem to be saying elk. Probably any smaller county is faster then a large county if I had to guess.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Because of the recent push against the 2A, and the Democrat path we are all worried about, I would suggest You DO NOT send it to any County that is Blue at the County level.

It would not be hard to drag feet just to mess with "those Deplorables" with the guns...

·
Administrator
29,917 Posts
I dont send to Luzerne or carbon any more. A few years ago I thought 3D was going to sell out before I got my 2nd tag.
Carbon was always great when I still lived there, even sending from Germany. Don't know how they are now.
Luzerne? I wouldn't expect anything to be efficient there, and I don't want to give that corrupted county government a penny.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
The P.O. switched to "regional hubs" to process mail about 5-6yrs ago. Ask at your local branch where you mail goes and when it goes. For me that means my mail gets picked up at 2pm trucked 3 counties over processed. Then trucked 3 counties back to go to the courthouse that is 5 miles from my P.O. branch. My applications now go to the courthouse where my mail gets trucked to. I figure it gets to their C/T a day or two before it would get to my home county. It's worked well so far BUT I still need to apply to 4c in the first round as they get mighty slim quick.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Administrator
29,917 Posts
The one I always send to is the fastest. Wife is the treasurer.
The old school ways! 😎
When I was a kid we handed our applications to the guy who lived across the street from my grandmother. He was a newspaper reporter and had an "in" with the CT office. Those application envelopes never saw a post office. I only remember us doing that a few times. When I was in my later teens they started that crap about surrendering your doe application in order to get a muzzleloader stamp, so I didn't send for antlerless for a couple of years.

·
Super Moderator
14,542 Posts
Been many years that I applied for a Doe license and I'm kinda outta the loop when it comes to knowing which is the fastest CT to mail my application to.
Would you men that have done any research on this help me out?
I think most of the County Treasurers in recent years have been more attentive toward getting the license applications processed in a timely manner. But, there is no question that some take it more seriously than others.

What I can tell you is that so far the Elk County Treasurer has vowed to process all they get during the same day they were received. As far as I am concerned you can't get much more efficient than that at issuing them.

There are other Treasurers who will mail them out earlier and some as soon as they are processed. But, the Treasurers all have a legal date when they have to be mailed, which for the first round, is long before anyone will need to use the license.

I think in recent times the mail delivery might be a bigger concern for the application being received by the County Treasurer than the issue of it being processed once it is received.

It is also hard to tell how the concurrent season is going to effect the demand and the potential increase in applications.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I think most of the County Treasurers in recent years have been more attentive toward getting the license applications processed in a timely manner. But, there is no question that some take it more seriously than others.

What I can tell you is that so far the Elk County Treasurer has vowed to process all they get during the same day they were received. As far as I am concerned you can't get much more efficient than that at issuing them.

There are other Treasurers who will mail them out earlier and some as soon as they are processed. But, the Treasurers all have a legal date when they have to be mailed, which for the first round, is long before anyone will need to use the license.

I think in recent times the mail delivery might be a bigger concern for the application being received by the County Treasurer than the issue of it being processed once it is received.

It is also hard to tell how the concurrent season is going to effect the demand and the potential increase in applications.

Dick Bodenhorn
Dick, i am going to have to disagree that they process what they get on the same day. I sent to Elk county for all 3 rounds and last year i always put mine in the mail box the Thursday before the Monday rounds, the first 2 rounds it took them over a week to process, the 3rd round was a little quicker. Maybe more folks are sending to Elk county now? The year before i sent to Elk county and they were pretty fast. I try to pick different county treasurers every other year, mainly the first round just to see how fast some of them are. Never worried about getting a doe tag the first round as most WMUs never sell out. Will be interesting to see if there is a high demand for brown and down season.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts