The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been many years that I applied for a Doe license and I'm kinda outta the loop when it comes to knowing which is the fastest CT to mail my application to.
Would you men that have done any research on this help me out?

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe your right, just wanna support the good CT and I'll also know for the 2nd round.

·
Administrator
29,972 Posts
Been many years that I applied for a Doe license and I'm kinda outta the loop when it comes to knowing which is the fastest CT to mail my application to.
There's been a few posts on here that talked about Elk county being very quick and efficient.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
And I think there were posts about every other County Treasurers office being inept.

Lots of opportunity to whine on the internet.

·
Banned
131 Posts
I have never had any problems. I just always thought they were all the same. What’s next what post office to drop them off at.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Knowing the "best" CT to mail to is part of "the game" that many here who oppose any potential move to online doe applications think is a "feature" or "benefit" of the current system...
Flies in the face of their argument that the current system is a level playing field, and all hunters have an equal likelihood of drawing from limited tags... but that's their story.

As was said above, there's a certain CT that is probably top of list when it comes to efficiency... but I'm sure if they get flooded because folks encourage their use online, they'll fall a few notches.

I will say this, whatever you do, DO NOT USE Montgomery or Philadelphia CTs.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never had any problems. I just always thought they were all the same. What’s next what post office to drop them off at.
Given all the recent mail delays folks have been reporting over the last year, I'll bet it does make a difference which Post Office you mail from.
Which post office do you mail from and what county treasurer do you mail to?

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As was said above, there's a certain CT that is probably top of list when it comes to efficiency... but I'm sure if they get flooded because folks encourage their use online, they'll fall a few notches.
You mean that if we all mailed to the best CT that it might "overload the system" of that CT? Guess some folks might keep that a secret and not tell me where to mail?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
You mean that if we all mailed to the best CT that it might "overload the system" of that CT? Guess some folks might keep that a secret and not tell me where to mail?
That's entirely possible, but someone above has already mentioned the "best" one to mail to...
FWIW, I live in Bucks County, but mail my pink envelopes to Ridgway PA... and my first preference WMU is 3C (Upper Wayne County)

·
Administrator
29,972 Posts
I mail from the post office in Lititz and mail to Lancaster County Treasurer. There it is. That has been my secret for getting a doe tag in the first round for the last 25 years. Hope that helps!
My secret process has always been the same. I stick the prepared envelope with enclosed application and check in the mailbox on Friday morning and put the flag up, or since I get door delivery now it's stuck in the mail slot for pick up. The county it gets sent to is whatever county I'm living in.
The only exception to that is the years I sent them through the APO from Germany. Still went to my county of residence, but I had to drop them off at the mail room....about a week earlier.
Oh, those counties are now Adams and previously Carbon. Always had my tags before I needed them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As stated early in the thread. If you look at last years sell out dates and this years allocations, there shouldn’t be too many (if any) WMUs where round one is an issue no matter what you do.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thought it would be a nice gesture and reward the best CT for a job well done. After all every dollar counts.

As President of our camp in Clinton County I also emailed all 20 members of our camp telling them how WMU 2G reduced the allocation from 27,000 down to 23,000 doe permits and with the concurrent deer season (buck or doe the first week) that they wanna make sure to get a tag. There's been talk how some of our members that went for the first week of rifle season in recent years didn't bother to get a doe tag. That'll change this year.
I gave them a link to this post so they can read for themselves on which CT to mail to.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I don't care when I get them as long as I get them.I've always gone local with Lancaster.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I dont send to Luzerne or carbon any more. A few years ago I thought 3D was going to sell out before I got my 2nd tag.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts