The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i looked. i thought you meant nascar was a fantasy. when they start running STOCK cars again mabey i'll watch

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure I am on a few numbers, but I'm not sure how wrong I am.

If there are 36 races per year, and 50 cars per race that get 4-6 miles per gallon of fuel, and and using the daytona 500(miles) as a platform, Nascar races burn roughly 149,999 gallons of fuel per year. Granted, it's not fuel I can buy at the pump, but it is refined from oil right? I see it is an E-15 fuel thats getting jammed down the throats of the typical American who doesn't have over $25k investeted in an engine thats rebuilt regularly. Why are people excited about watching cars go in circles while the U.S. is paying about $4.60 per gallon of gas? I'm not even getting into the engine oil used in the cars either...Whats a 5 quart jug of pennzoil going for now, around $25?

Simply a waste of resources needed for the future.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
puma4440 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure I am on a few numbers, but I'm not sure how wrong I am.

If there are 36 races per year, and 50 cars per race that get 4-6 miles per gallon of fuel, and and using the daytona 500(miles) as a platform, Nascar races burn roughly 149,999 gallons of fuel per year. Granted, it's not fuel I can buy at the pump, but it is refined from oil right? I see it is an E-15 fuel thats getting jammed down the throats of the typical American who doesn't have over $25k investeted in an engine thats rebuilt regularly. Why are people excited about watching cars go in circles while the U.S. is paying about $4.60 per gallon of gas? I'm not even getting into the engine oil used in the cars either...Whats a 5 quart jug of pennzoil going for now, around $25?

Simply a waste of resources needed for the future.
In 2011, Americans used 134 BILLION gallons of gasoline. Even if your figure is right, that is 1.1 x 10^-6 percent. Yes, it's such a drop in the bucket that scientific notation is required. NASCAR is not the reason gas prices are outrageous. I don't like the sport, but the amount of fuel used is not why.

Fantasy NASCAR=they turn right.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">Only 9 teams signed up? Wow. </span>

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What is "fantasy nascar"?

I watch racing on TV once in a while....I believe that it is real. Just a bunch of rednecks in high performance vehicles going around in circles. Except for the road courses.

I tried to do what they do once in my '79 Nova.....Didn't work out so well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts