The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I have been looking into getting something like this. Cabelas Pack Honest this time its for real. I think something like these would be a nice thing, all the around the waist packs seem to get weighed down quickly and sag. I dont like that feeling at all.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I just ordered a sling pack from LLBean being I have tried all the Fanny and Backpacks out there and never found one comfortable or that would not get in the way of my rifle sling.
I am waiting for it to arrive to try out during flintlock season.
Dave

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not certain of the brand of mine--might be Bass Pro's but it is very similar to the Cabelas that 171farm linked to--and I love it.

Specifically what I love is the harness---the shoulder straps make it an entirely different deal--I don't fell like my pants are in jeopardy

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I have a multi pocket one from cabellas. the portion w/ the pockets is a wide band of nylon and it still does slide down but I wear bibs +/or pants w/ suspenders. I buckle the pack inside the bibs or run the belt behind the front suspenders and it doesn't slide down.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
zhuntman said:
LifeNRA said:
Just like the day pack, I have this one as well.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...rset=ISO-8859-1
How's the strap adjustment on that one. I like fanny packs where you pull on one strap and it tightens. That helps when cinching it to a tree or tightening around your waist. I bought one once that was a real pain to adjust. Just another feature to look for.
Each buckle has its own adjustment, there is also two, one on each side to cinch the pack tight to your body. The best thing to do would be to go and try them out! What I like the most about Cabela's packs, they are quiet when you wear them and move around.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Take a look at the Cabela's Extreme Bowhunter Series Lumbar Pack if you want something large enough to carry a days worth of gear. I've had mine for 2 years. Used it extensively here in PA and DIY Archery Elk hunts in Colorado.
The Badlands Monster Fanny Pack is also nice but didn't feel as comfortable to me during all day hunts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
As with the daypacks, I love Maxpedition, and all their products work together. You can go with a daypack and unhook the fanny or combine pieces as needed. They even have models to carry a sidearm.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Just received my LLBean sling pack yesterday------It seems nice. I will try it out for Flintlock Saturday.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts