The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someplace to take the family on vacation. Preferably a secluded cabin lakeside within 8 hrs of northeastern pa. I have been searching the Internet but with thousands of sites I am having a difficult time. My wife and daughter think it needs to have running water and be able to have campfires. My 6 yr. old just wants to catch fish and be able to keep some. I would just like an affordable place and try to meet those requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after some time searching I found a place in Maine. It's a little further than I wanted to go but it looks like a great place.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Lake Anna State Park in VA. VERY nice cabins on the lake, each wth thier own little dock. Went their a few years ago in April.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Where at in Maine? I've been up there a few times and love it up there.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
parker, try looking up the state parks website here in Pa. they have some parks with modern cabins. that includes running water, bathrooms, showers. also firerings for campfires. we go to canoe creek state park which is near Altoona, Pa. nice lake swimming area,(no lifeguards) hiking trails. summer rates are a little higher than off season but still reasonable. why leave Pa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts