The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PennLine.com site reports today that former PGC Executive Director Carl Roe is bringing suit for $220,000 in federal court for the agency's refusal to pay him, as outlined, in his severance agreement.

Roe is suing for the $220,000 plus lawyer fees.

The fallout from the Corbett year's continues.

I thought Roe did a good job.

Hopefully, Roe is successful.

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
My opinion, Corbett received bad advice on this issue, after his people were contacted by some involved in ousting Roe and their political allies.

That goes for his administration "vetoing" the Roe settlement and the ban on Capouillez' advancement in the agency.

IIRC, almost the entire leadership in the General Assembly also signed onto Corbett's actions?

The same General Assembly leadership that cannot agree on a budget, but tripped over themselves getting in line to hammer Roe and Capouillez.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that Roe did a good job and Capouillez did a great job for PA hunters.

To bad PA hunters can't agree on and make a concerted effort to replace the obstructionist legislators.

I think the agency made improvements when they got a transfusion of NEW blood for the leadership in the Bureau of Wildlife.

The agency has many challenges but they should strive to do a better job.

"The Struggle Continues"

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
Good for Roe. He was wronged on many levels. Several BOC members heads should have rolled as well.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Unfortunately in any bureaucracy you need to "go with flow" to insure your longevity. Doesn't matter how good you are at your job, If your not a conformist, there is always someone willing to step into your shoes. Being right has little to do with the decisions some people are willing to make.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If Roe is successful, it will take over 11,000 hunting licenses to pay for his golden parachute. I'd prefer to see my license dollars used elsewhere.

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
Nah. He just got thoroughly disgusted and left.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is interesting Dr. Alt's name came up.

I listened to two of his presentations on what the PGCs was planning to do for deer management.

During each presentation, Gary explained how the executive director approached him about developing/leading the deer program. Gary finally agreed if he reported directly to the executive director and not to his supervisor Dr. Cal Dubrock.

Heaven only knows what kind of a plan the agency would have had if it needed Cal's stamp of approval. Cal was the brains behind the Sichuan Pheasant Program and the current the Pheasant Reintroduction Plan.

Dr. Alt continues to be in demand and well respected on many wildlife fronts.

It is unfortunate the agency lost a very talented biologist that did his undergraduate work as a "hunter".

"The Struggle Continues"

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Corbett although a pro gun politician, he & his cronies were a detriment, to the PGC & hunters, & he wasn't the only one. How he handled The Roe issue, the reduction of Game commissioner & Fish commissioner terms from 8 To 4 yrs. with unlimited reappointments, the issue with the guy in charge of the gas PGC's gas leases, forgot his name, all to appease the gas industry & gain more political control over the agencies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts