The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
We are getting some bright Red and Orange Maples today, looks like the rain yesterday really set things off......

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Just got back from lycoming co, last night. Leaves are just starting to change. It will be another week or 2 in that area.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Heading up to the Galeton/Wellsboro areas this weekend. I know its early but happy to hear there are some changes going on

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just got back from southern Potter. The hills around my camp had quite a few yellows, oranges, and reds. Will be getting good in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Home from Clinton on Sunday. Color really starting to pop in the higher elevations. Looks like a pretty fall. Last year everything turned brown and dropped.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
buckshot, just came back from Clearfield today. was up there over the weekend. went up to see the elk at benezette. leaves are changing nicely up there. wow on the elk.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ill second the elk statement. Dad and brother went to Benny on Monday morning and said they saw a hoss and recorded several bugling!

·
Registered
552 Posts
This will be my third time. Always a great visit. Just need to be ready to deal with a lot of people. I'll be in a blue F150 with MD plates and a HuntingPA.com decal on the back cap window.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
On my way to Forest county Clarington tonight, work around camp, pull down the last of the trail cams, visit a friend who is having a Octoberfest, but will try to take pix of any change it is a little soon for the best colors though! I'll be in my brown F150 with the HPA in the rear window!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Pulled into galeton area a little bit ago. Like mentioned north of 80 colors more noticeable. Should be some color but even without a weekend up north beats one in the south this time of year

·
Registered
552 Posts
Still room for more color over the next week or so. I did see a lot of leaves falling up on the Ridge Rd. I'll be up in about 10 days for bow hunting, and I should see a big difference. The elk at Benezette really put on a show Saturday evening!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I was just in the Genesee/Shinglehouse area this weekend and North of rt 6 within 10 miles of the new york boarder the colors are great and will be peak next weekend after that they will be all down hill up there.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
Leaves in the Pocono' s are around 30% should peak around the Columbus day weekend.
Seeing lots of Willy caterpillars, black band is 50% of their body.......which means a mild winter if you believe things like that.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts