The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt about camps but know a lot of people in this section of the form are from or have a camp up north. What are the leaves looking like so far? I know its still early but some leaves down here are starting to change a little in spots. What is the outlook over the next week in the Wellsboro area

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
I noticed the corn starting to turn color.

By far, leaves still green. A little yellow tint here and there. Sumac has a few red leaves. It starting for sure, just not there yet for planning a leaf peeping trip.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Heading up to camp Columbus weekend for some hunting and on sunday we are gonna drive to either Pa Grand Cranyon or Hyner for some leaf looking. Hopefully thats right around the peak.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Slight tinge in the hills, some small trees are already turned. 10/1 -15 can;t really miss finding something that takes your breath away.

Maples are the real color makers..they are still green.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I'll be up at my place in Potter County Oct. 11-20, and we expect to see some great foliage. Walks in the woods are so much nicer in October when the leaves are at their peak color. I can't wait...We go up for at least a week at that time each year (a weekend is simply not enough!).

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Karl,
You should hit it just about right, going to be a beautiful fall to Grouse hunt in this year.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Was at camp last w/e in NE Bradford. Still green with yellows showing and occasional red leaves. Noticed on the ride home down the NE extension that below 80 its all green and north of it the leaves are changing

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Leaves are starting to change pretty good around here, I would say within the next 2 weeks, most will be changed or changing........a lot of maples are starting to get red....

·
Registered
39,252 Posts
RonM said:
I might be heading up to Lycoming Co. Liberty area on Oct 6-9, should be good then ya think....
Yep, I think you'll hit it at a good time Ron. Just got back from the Wellsboro/Canyon area and leaves are starting to change.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts