The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few small spaces (@3' x 12') on interior sheetrock walls that I want to cover with fake brick or stone. Does anyone have any reccomendations on a good product to use? I would also consider thin sheets of woodgrain panneling for the spaces as well.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Try z-brick. It is easy to work with and gives a very real finished appearance. pm me a cell #, and I'll send you a pic of mine.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
If you are driving for a "rustic" look, may want to consider Tongue/Groove barnside in Knotty Pine, or even Cedar T&G. You can alternate it diagonally for a different twist if you like. Easy to apply.

I'm a parttime stone mason, but real stone, so really can't offer up much adice on the cultured stuff.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Part time stone mason? The things you learn on here. Could have used a few times.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used Z Brick about 30 years ago and it was great stuff. I did not know they still made it! Do you know where I can but this material?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
We used Stonecraft two years ago on our fireplace we built at camp. It was really easy to place. If you know someone who is into concrete for a living or things like that talk to them for advice.

The stuff we decided on was about $9/SF. I laid it and it turned out pretty good I thought.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've used Eldorado Stone twice so far. First time at my old house. Stoned the bottom part of my screened in porch. I did that myself. Second time on my new house. Did the front porch and again the lower part of my house and screened in porch. Also had the fire place stoned. I really like the look. I bought mine out of Chambersbure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts