The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has a REM.700 BDL he might be willing to sell. He takes very good care of his things at it is at least 25 years old....Any thoughts on a fair price to offer him? Caliber is 270. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
Around here they are going for about $400 plus depending on condition and to a lesser extent the glass. Is it scoped?

Take a look on Gunbroker at the 700s that have already sold. The price of those sold will give you a realistic value as compared to the sometimes ridicules prices they ask for current auctions.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a 4x12 Bushnell on it I think he said....Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
539 Posts
if he is a good friend, I say about 400-450, if he is a so so friend, I say about 300-350
the scope is as old as rifle its rather uselss to me
as would be the mounts
I have bought and sold a few hundred 700's(had a gun shop) and have bough a few dozen on my own, and have paid from 100 bucks to 350 for used one's
I mostly wanted them for actions, so I buy low.
BUT have seen many for sale with decent optic's on them for the 400-500 dollar range,
thus I said, less optic on this one, I would go lower, unless he was a GOOD friend and needed money and was trying to be nicer than what it is, or if I had some personal value to gain by keeping the gun, he used as a way to remember them, if you follow!

how is the bore , looking at the bolt face too will give a clue to how many rounds have been thru the gun too
MOST folks never wear out a barrel, but some sure do!, so that goes into price, as would wear and tear on stock and blue ing

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries that it is shot out.....A few shots before season and occasionally a few in season ?. Thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts