·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an outfitter for wild boar any recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
18,785 Posts
I would NOT recommend South Carolina Trophy Hunters. I am hunting with Low Country Outfitters in SC this winter so I hope the experience is a lot better.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
look into Bostick Plantation in S.C. I hunted a private club real close to them. They see to have a good operation. Some of the pigs we killed actually migrated off their poantation and onto the club grounds where I hunted

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
Wherever you go, go in the winter and realize that the chance of killing a fair chase hog will depend a lot on current conditions if hunting baited stands. Dog hunting is probably more consistent, but I have no experience hunting hogs over dogs. I hunted Deerfield Plantation last December (primarily hunting deer) and we were covered up in hogs. I killed two.

·
Registered
18,292 Posts
the only place i hunted that has free ranging hog hunts is red bluff lodge in allendale south carolina. they hunt baited stands and also offer night hunts with thermal and night vision.
you can also hunt deer and gator depending on the time of year you go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ranger Creek Ranch in Seymor TX, does a unguided hunt starting ~ may. The hogs are free ranging ( no high fence) you and hunt how you like (blind or stalk) Went a few times with friends. We would watch the fields tile dark to shoot long range, then stalked them with night vison .

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Make the drive to GA, FL, or TX. Lots of good outfits in these states. Stand hunting is hit or miss (mostly miss), dog hunts are a lot more productive.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
look into Bostick Plantation in S.C. I hunted a private club real close to them. They see to have a good operation. Some of the pigs we killed actually migrated off their poantation and onto the club grounds where I hunted
I would avoid Bostick at all costs. I hunted there and they are a joke. Unless you are a celebrity you get tossed in a stand that gets hunted a lot. I was told the stand they placed me in the 1st day hadn't been hunted all year. It had snickers wrappers and mountain dew bottles scattered all around it. They had bait stations and I saw a couple of does. They stared at that stand from 60 yards out and never came near it in the daylight. The stand was 30' off the ground. The 2 guys I was with never saw anything in 5 days of hunting. The only animals taken while we were there was 1 spike and 1 small sow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts