The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some shots of a couple of bucks I was fortunate enough to get to photograph since I filled my buck tag. It's tough to get a clear shot in the woods without branches, limbs, and leaves getting in the way, but I managed a few keepers. Hope you enjoy...

These were taken before the November contest was announced so I won't be entering any of them. lol

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
Awesome pics!!

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The four point photo's were taken with a Nikon D3100 and the larger buck photo's were taken with a Nikon D7000, which just arrived two days ago btw.
Used a Sigma 150-500 for all of the photos, which at times was too much lens. lol

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
The four point photo's were taken with a Nikon D3100 and the larger buck photo's were taken with a Nikon D7000, which just arrived two days ago btw.
Used a Sigma 150-500 for all of the photos, which at times was too much lens. lol
what makes the 4 pt's pics different? the others look so much better and more realistic.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The four point pics were taken on a gloomy day in low light, the other pictures were taken on a much brighter day. They both look plenty realistic to me? I rarely use auto white balance anymore and the four point pictures were taken on the cloudy setting, it seems to bring out more detail to me but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
773 Posts
These were all nice pics. I know all too well, how hard it can be to get a picture of any white-tail, with brush in the way in the wild. Not like going to the local petting zoo, is it. Well done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts